The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) represents its members who make up the professional Emergency Management community of Kansas.
KEMA 50th Annual Conference
Courtyard by Marriott
Junction City, KS
September 13-16, 2016
The 2016 KEMA Conference website is now live and ready to accept registrations. Get complete conference details and register online on our conference website here.
Hotel information is available on our conference page here.
Vendors: if you are interested in having an exhibit at the 2016 KEMA Conference, please contact our vendor coordinator.
2016 KEMA Officer Elections - Voting is open
KEMA Scholarship Applications Due Aug. 21
The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) is pleased to announce its first annual call for applications for the KEMA Scholarship!
The application period will be open until August 21, 2016 at 5PM. Any applications received after that time will not be eligible.
The KEMA Scholarship is intended to further the training and education of current and future Emergency Managers of Kansas by expanding their knowledge of emergency management and enhancing their ability to prepare for, mitigate, respond to, and recover from disasters.
See complete details and download a scholarship application on our scholarship page here.
Our Mission, Values & Goals
Mission: Kansas Emergency Management Association is a network of leaders dedicated to providing excellence in emergency management for Kansas.
Values: Among the membership and within the emergency management community in Kansas, KEMA is committed to:
- Professionalism: KEMA promotes excellence.
- Teamwork: KEMA fosters communication and cooperation.
- Responsiveness: KEMA solicits input and active participation.
- Leadership: KEMA advocates for progressive growth.
Goals: To fulfill its mission, KEMA will strive:
- To advance the professional growth of members through the development, provision, and promotion of training and professional standards.
- To provide recognition for excellence in emergency management.
- To provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and sharing lessons learned from emergency management activities.
- KEMA will strive to promote the profession of EM and a culture of preparedness
- To serve as partner to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management to improve the overall preparedness of Kansas Counties and advise on local emergency management issues.
- To influence public policy on emergency management through an advocacy process at the federal, state and local levels.
- To coordinate the efforts and plans of this association with other organizations having common interests.
- To promote the Principles of Emergency Management (POEM) as the benchmark of emergency management practice.
KEMA offers networking opportunities among local emergency managers as well as opportunities to interact with state and national emergency management professionals and other affiliated individuals, governmental agencies and interested private groups.
Partner organizations include many federal agencies as well as private industry groups such as the Partnership for Emergency Planning.